William McConnaughy, CPA - Free IRS Tax Help Clinic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Affiliates
JustAnswer.com

Need Cash Fast?

TurboTax - Guides you like a GPS

Free e-book

appeal and offer In Compromise  Image-5318266-10853752

appeal and offer In Compromise  576
Latest topics
» time limits on past year filings
appeal and offer In Compromise  EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 10:34 pm by William D McConnaughy

» neighborhood association
appeal and offer In Compromise  EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 11:36 am by William D McConnaughy

» Claiming additional state tax on Federal Return
appeal and offer In Compromise  EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 7:14 pm by William D McConnaughy

» Can I deduct repayments to a disability carrier?
appeal and offer In Compromise  EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 8:52 pm by William D McConnaughy

» Can I deduct repayments to a disability carrier?
appeal and offer In Compromise  EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 2:07 am by Moljen5

» Criteria to be considered blind by the IRS
appeal and offer In Compromise  EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 5:16 am by William D McConnaughy

» Filing an amended return?
appeal and offer In Compromise  EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 2:19 pm by William D McConnaughy

» medical deductions
appeal and offer In Compromise  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 1:56 am by William D McConnaughy

» Form 1120 Schedule K Line 13
appeal and offer In Compromise  EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 11:47 pm by William D McConnaughy

appeal and offer In Compromise

2 posters

Go down

appeal and offer In Compromise  Empty appeal and offer In Compromise

Post  warzell55 Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:25 pm

I have an appeal coming up on January 29th with a person from the IRS office - I have been trying to get an offer in compromise since March 2009 when I was laid off from my job it was a reduction in force -for 2 1/2 years I collected unemployment my only means of income - it was 2 years looking for a job - then when unemployment stopped - I had to cash in on my 401(k) and that was money that I know was going to be taxed again even though I had taxes taken out when I had to cash in on it - my question is this - can I get out of owing IRS $30,000 (thirty thousdand dollars) in taxes - 15,000 (fifteen thousand is in interest and penalties) - I offered them $5,000 (five thousand) offer in compromise for 5 years to pay off - they never responded except sending letters back and forth the entire time I was on unemployment they never considered it - I need help to do an offer in compromise do I need a tax attorney to help me? I just want to go on with my life and stop them from sending me letters every year and taxes going up - I am now claiming only 1 dependent on my taxes but my job is not permanent so I still have no income (really) - help !

warzell55

Back to top Go down

appeal and offer In Compromise  Empty Offer In Compromise appeal help

Post  William D McConnaughy Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:38 am

The amount IRS will accept in settlement of your delinquent tax accounts will depend on your reasonable collection potential (RCP) to them. This amount is calculated from your net assets, and net disposable monthly income over the life of the remaining statute of limitations for collections.

You should definitely have experienced professional help in this matter. I personally have done probably over a thousand Offers by now, so I could definitely help you with it.
William D McConnaughy
William D McConnaughy
Admin

http://www.TaxHelp.Pro

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum